2013년 10월 13일 일요일

MANNAM Quote: Harriet Tubman

http://www.rugusavay.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Harriet-Tubman-Quotes-2.jpg
For anyone unfamiliar with Harriet Tubman, she was responsible for The Underground Railroad, an underground passage from the slave states of the South to the slavery-free North.

I like this quote because it reminds me that people need to realize there is a problem before they can fix it. Many people accept something as normal and acceptable if they have lived with it their whole lives. This is certainly true about war.

I have heard Man Hee Lee, the Chairman of MANNAM, talk about how ridiculous it is for young men, who have no personal problem with each other, kill each other in the prime of their life. Mr. Lee challenges the youth of the world to agree not to go to war.

I hope many young people realize that they (and their brothers, husbands, sons, etc.) are slaves to a system of war that rarely helps any of the people fighting or their loved ones. But, my hopes don't end there. I also hope they will be freed from that system and be able to live in peace.

I am confident that Mr. Lee and MANNAM will lead us from the current situation into the time of peace.

댓글 1개:

  1. Lots of people think that ending war is impossible but that's what it is. I'm sure we can end war

    답글삭제